Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP 5.1 can't support in windows kernel mode?

hongcell
Beginner
I've use IPP 4.1 in windows' kernel mode and build drivers in success, but when I updated to IPP 5.1, I can't find the merged library which is for linking the IPP in kernel mode. I tried to used the merged library (ippsmerged.lib, ippsemerged.lib) in previous version, and modified some function in ippmerged.c/funclist.h to satisfy the linker, but failed.

Does that mean IPP 5.1 can't support in windows kernel mode any more?
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

Evaluation version of IPP does not contain static libraries, you need to get full version of IPP in order to get them.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
hongcell
Beginner

Thank you, vdudnik!

I reinstalledIPP5.1 use our license, and find the static libraries (ippsmerged.lib, ippsemerged.lib). But IPP5.1 has no example on kernel mode as IPP4 does, which has "ippmerged.c" file to satisfy the Microsoft DDK compiler. I try to copy the "ippmerged.c" from previous version (IPP4), but still got compiler error, it seems that there's some different definefrom previous version.

The error is funclist.h(18) : error C2040: 'ippGetStatusString' : 'void (IppStatus)' differs in levels of indirection from 'const char *(IppStatus)' when I delete the define ippGetStatusString from funclist.h, I got the ippmerged.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ippGetCpuType@0 referenced in function _GetProcessorId@0

I also searched Intel IPP support website, but can't find example on windows drivers for IPP5.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Please take a look onw_ipp-sample-product-integration_p_5[1].1.005.zipsample. Do not forget to link with ippcorel.lib

Vladimir

0 Kudos
support
Beginner

Hi

Where can I download the w_ipp-sample-product-integration_p_5[1].1.005.zipfile?

Regards

Gavin Glynn :)

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
0 Kudos
support
Beginner

Hi Vladimir

If I go to that web page and download the file under the "Product Integration" section, I get an earlier version: w_ipp-sample-product-integration_p_5.1.1.001.zip. Where can I get the later version from?

Thanks

Gavin :)

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Gavin,

the latest version of IPP is v5.1.1, so you get correct version. The next version, IPP 5.2 beta is expected to be available soon.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
cxhe
Beginner

I encounter the same question ,IPP5.1 can build in DDK/WDK 32b environment ,but in 64b environmentippmerged.c/funclist.c compile error.It seemsthat there are some different x64 IPPAPI marco define from x32 .

The sample "w_ipp-sample-product-integration_p_5[1].1.005.zip" compile success for 32b environment in DDK ,but did't compile 64b in DDK/WDK used IPP5.1 em64t .Please offer another sample for x64. 3q

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

This is IA32 sample, as it should be mention in sample's readme.htm file. We do not have x64 sample yet.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos