Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP - Question of week (#2)

Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
Wewould like to askyou the next"question of week", remember answering this question (or previous one, or simple post on IPP Forum) you get a chance to win IPP book. Please see for details here
So, the question is:
What would you like to see in IPP?
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
8 Replies
madhu_lsu
Beginner
Hi Vladimir,
Thanks for answering my earlier questions.
I would like to see computer vision algorithms (openCV) made part of IPP.
Madhu.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
did younoticed IPP functions in ippCV domain? Is is exactly computer vision related domain. Do you see something is missed here?
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
ergin
Beginner
I would like to see a native 16bit integer implementation of FFT, which would speed up the transforms. The current 16bit FFT is using single presicion fp arithmetic and therefore slower than the float version.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
borix
Beginner
Ergin, now about 300 IPP functions have been embedded into OpenCV including FFT and many other functions. they certainly do opencv faster
0 Kudos
kolich
Beginner
I would like to see same segmentation algorithms implemented in IPP, like Watershed segmentation or Dynamical segmentation, or L*a*b* colour space segmentation etc.

Thanks for asking users about our needs.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Thank you, we are trying to make our product useful.
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
hcostelha
Beginner
Hi,

I would like to see region labelling and see algorithms based on those labels (similar to some image processing matlab functions, such has mass, bounding box, etc...).

Hugo
0 Kudos
andrewk88
Beginner
Hi,
I'd like to see an image minimum/maximum operations which could be included in image compare operations category. These functions would compare the corresponding pixels of two input images pSrc1, pSrc2and write minimum/maximum result value to a image pDst.
Thanks,
Andrew
0 Kudos