Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP Runtime - Uninstall

sebarnolds
Beginner
Hi.

I am testing my installation program for software I am developping. My software is quite complex and it requires to create a new Windows account before proceeding to installation. Then, the user must logon to this new user account and continue the installation process (which includes IPP RTI 4.1). The problem is that it is impossible to uninstall IPP RTI 4.1 later from anywhere else than this user. The uninstall data is stored in the registry (HK_LOCAL_MACHINE) but only the account used for the installation shows it. Is there any way to be able to uninstall IPP RTI from any user account ?

Moreover, it seems the key isn't cleared from the registry if I uninstall it ?

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi,

thanks for reporting about this issue, could you please also submit this into Intel Premier Support, so we can analize and try to help you?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
sebarnolds
Beginner
Hello.

Just a correction regarding my original post. My last remarks is not correct. I worked on the problem these days and I always removed the uninstall key from the registry (dunno why it didn't once).

I managed to get rid of my problem by using a small utility which allowed me to run the uninstall program using another account that the one currently in use.

Thanks anyway.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Ok, thank you for letting us know

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos