Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP with RTP

gur
Beginner
Hi,
In IPP speech examples i found GSM, G.723, G.729 samples for encoding and decoding.
Can i decoding received RTP stream with GSM, G.723 or G.729 payload into Mu-Law or A-law and how can i do it ?!

p.s
I try decoding gsm file encoded by sox (GSM 06.10) but decodergsmfr.exe is crushed.

Thanks.

Message Edited by Gur on 02-16-2005 08:10 AM

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vyacheslav_Baranniko
New Contributor II
Hi, IPP 4.1 speech coding samples does not support RTP stream. They fasioned to demonstrate compliance to spec, i.e a bit-to-bit correspondence with spec test data, so stores a bitstream in formats each spec does specify for testing. Nevertheless, you can modifiy a sample so as to remove conversion into test files and pack an output raw bits after encode function into RTP format. And vice versa unpack a RTP stream and pass a frame bits to decode function with proper frame type marker. Regards Vyacheslav
0 Kudos
gur
Beginner
thanks

>> Nevertheless, you can modifiy a sample so as to remove
>> conversion into test files and pack an output raw bits
>> after encode function into RTP format. And vice versa
>> unpack a RTP stream and pass a frame bits to decode
>> function with proper frame type marker.

Thanks Vyacheslav.
I found function in main encoding thread - apiGSMFREncode() . Thay get bitstream_buf 33 bytes (GSM RTP frame). After encoded file have same size as sox encoded file. But hi do not playing correctly. :(((((
Please mail me if you know that problem on
Gurin_oleg@mail.ru

Thanks.
0 Kudos
telefonie
Beginner
After Strippng the rtp-header (I think you have it already done), oneSolution is: Transfer it in the formatof theReference Testvectorsfor GSMFR and used the demodecoder.
For packet format -pack option at demo decoder. If the demodecoder can decode packet format you must use this option.
To understand the formats (packet and unpacket), you canhave a look atRef2Bits and Bits2Ref of demodecoder files with name *util*.c.
0 Kudos