Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP with ubuntu

sergi2304
Beginner
Hi, i'm Sergi and i was triying to install IPP 5.2 (ia32) on a ubuntu Feisty.

I have read the problems it had with the interpreters and finally I get the install script working by changing the interpreter to bash. But now I was having problems to execute the binary file the install script had build in /tmp.

Does anybody know how can I get through this?

Thank you all,

Sergi
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello Sergi

the issue with IPP installation on Ubuntu Linux already was reported by several our customers, so we've created dedicated page on IPP technical resources section with workaround description, see by the link below

How to install Intel IPP 5.2 on Ubuntu

FYI, the nearest IPP update will completely solve that issue.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
sergi2304
Beginner
Thanks for your answer Vladimir

I have seen the link about how to install Intell IPP 5.2 on Ubuntu but it doesn't resolve the problem.
I have been looking into the problem a little more and I get more information about the error i get when trying to install:

ERROR: Cannot extract "install32" file into "/tmp/install_temp.d4d13389b051bd5eef01d007969b31b8" directory
Exiting...

I think the problem comes from the install script inside the function "archive_extract_file()" at line 124. Concretly from here:
<<
dd if="$archive" of="$target_path/$name" bs=$block_size count=$file_size_whole_blocks
skip=$skip_blocks &>/dev/null < "$archive" || return 1
>>

Printing those variables I get the following:

dd if=./install of=/tmp/install_temp.d4d13389b051bd5eef01d007969b31b8/install32 bs=65536 count=9 skip=-2324

So I'm thinking if skip has the correct value (negative?) or it have to be changed to make the installation work.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

Sergi
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Sergi,

thanks for informing about your attempt. We are working on fixing that issue (it will be available in the next version, 5.3 beta, which is coming soon)

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos