I'm working with VC8 on XP
With the debugger attached, the loading time of those DLLs take 5-10 seconds each (!!):
That was not the case with the previous version of IPP I used (5.3)
Without the debugger attached, that's fine.
Starting from IPP 6.1 we build IPP DLLs with delayed load feature set by linker. Might be this is the reason of changed behaviour. Although I do not see that issue on my XP when Itest IPP sample applications built withVC2008.
Using delayed load for all the IPP dlls solved the issue.
It is obviously faster when no IPP function are used.
But it also seems reasonably fast when the DLL are finally loaded (just a guess here, I didn't a proper check).