Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Image Size Limits for ippi Functions?

jkeller
Beginner
Can anyone point me in the direction for documentation concerning image size limitations in IPP?

I'm looking specifically at rescaling and the morphological functions on images with 10+ megasamples, all floating point.

With a machine that has 4GB of RAM, I shouldn't have any RAM limitations, I'd think.

As a follow on question, can someone suggest a methodology to determine the optimal tile size if I have to go that route?

Thanks!
-Jesse

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello

actually maximal size of images you want to process with IPP functions is limited onlyby available system memory (of course, remember that image width and height are 32-bit integer parameters, so you can't process image with 64-bit width and height directly).

To effeciently process quite large images you can use tiling processing, the simple sample of that technology you can find in IPP image processing sample, see image-tiling sample in "w_ipp-sample-image_p_5[1].1.004.zip" archieve

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos