Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Image processing on PXA with Linux

Edward_E_Intel
Employee
I supportthe Stargate boards -Intel Research Xscale embeddedboards used for sensor nets, personal servers, and robots. (see http://platformx.sourceforge.net). Some of our client'sapplications involve imaging so I would like to understand howwe can leverage IPP.
The best way for me to learn is to write code. I want to start witha simple application.
  • capture a (YUV) webcam image from /dev/video0 using v4l - we are running on Linux 2.6
  • manipulate it
  • save it as a jpeg (or other format) or send it over the net

I'm not asking anyone to write any code - although an example would be nice. I primarily want some hints - which functions to call. I have Taylor's book and the manuals but I can't yet see the forest for the trees. (For example, one of Taylor's examples requires ippi.h and I quickly realized it's not part of PXA IPP.) Once I have a simple example going, I can chip away at the rest.

Can someone give me a URL that shows which IPP functions are supported on Xscale?

Thanks - ed c.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi,

we have bunch of IPP samples for Xscale, including media (audio, speech, video and image codecs). You need to download IPP for IXP and take IPP samples (please visit IPP samples page, available from IPP home page).

We will be glad to hear any feedback from you about usability, functionality and performance of codecs, IPP functions and samples.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos