Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Intel IPP 2017 Update 3 Cannot Build Custom DLL with VS2017

Matthew_S_5
Beginner

I am attempting to use the ipp_custom_library_tool_gui.exe with V2017 Update 3. The release notes indicated support for VS2017 and the installer said it was integrating with that version of VS, but the custom library tool does not seem to be ready to use VS2017.

The Options menu does not list VS2017 as an option.  Choosing VS2015 fails compilation (I don't have VS2015 installed, so no real surprise there).  It does still work with my VS2013 install but I was hoping to finally move all of my libraries up to VS2017.

Is this an oversight or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, Matt

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jing_Xu
Employee

Thank you for reporting the issue.

0 Kudos
Pavel_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Matthew

As a workaround you can save build script in the tool instead of automatic build, then start VS 2017 command prompt for appropriate architecture and run build script from there. There is no actual dependency on particular version of Visual Studio, it just need to know there to find compiler tools.

0 Kudos
Matthew_S_5
Beginner

Pavel V. (Intel) wrote:

As a workaround you can save build script in the tool instead of automatic build, then start VS 2017 command prompt for appropriate architecture and run build script from there. There is no actual dependency on particular version of Visual Studio, it just need to know there to find compiler tools.

I will give that a shot.  Thanks, Matt

0 Kudos