Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IppsMean 1

carlo-turri
Beginner
Thank toVladimir
as I seethe IppsMean solve only a row vector average , what about for column average ?
For my experience example wherein the useof the FFT's magnetude average the ippsMeanColumn
isvery powerful what can replace it?
Thank
Cartu
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As mentioned in another thread, IPPSR functionsis not part of latest release. It means ippsMeanColumn is available with only Version 6.1.

Also, ippsmean function computes the mean (average) of the vector pSrc, and stores the result in pMean. The mean of pSrc is defined by the formula:

It should be for row and columns as well???

Sorry, can you explain more on your question isvery powerful what can replace it?

Regards,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Cartu,

You may try copyippsr.h ippsr*.libof IPP 6.1 to IPP 7.0 and use the ippsMeanColum as inIPP 6.1.

Itlooks not agood way, but mayworkable in common case.

Regards,
Ying H.
0 Kudos
carlo-turri
Beginner
Hi Y
Thanks but I suppose that will arise others conflicts problems with same name functions with ipp 7.0 version
I think that not good way was to removeippsMeanColum

Regard
Cartu
0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Cartu,

Or you may try ippiMean_32f with specially defined image size (roiSize)in order to proceed 1 column (width=1, height=column height).

IppStatus ippiMean_32f_C1R(const Ipp32f* pSrc, int srcStep, IppiSize roiSize,
Ipp64f* pMean, IppHintAlgorithm hint);

But wemay need to call multiple times to get all columnmean.

By the way, it seemsno obvious conflict ifto use IPP ippsr*.lib from IPP 6.1 and other ipp library from 7.0

Regards,
Ying
0 Kudos