Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

JPEG 2000 Sample for Windows

gutchess
Beginner
Hello,

I'm developing a C++ app under Windows that needs to decode 32Mpixel JPEG2000 images as quickly as possible. The app will be run on an 8-core server, so multi-threading is imperative.

I built the "JPEG 2000 Sample for Windows" under Micorosft Visual C++ 7.1, and it appears to be decoding in a single thread. I suppose this is because VC7.1 does not support OpenMP. My question is, does this sample make use of OpenMP to decode? If so, can I use VC8.0 to get OpenMP support, or does this sample require Intel's compiler?

Thanks in advance!
Dan
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Dan,

tecnically, it is possible to compile IPP JPEG2000 sample with VC2005 with enabled OpenMP but our current build script do not support this. So, the easiest way to turn on threading in IPP JPEG2000 sample is to build it with Intel C/C++ compiler.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
gutchess
Beginner
Thanks, Vladimir. One other quick question: Is it possible to use the IPP JPEG2000 decoder to decode only a subwindow within an image? I couldn't figure out how to do this from the docs... Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Dan
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

In current version of IPP JPEG2000 sample application do not provide the interface to extract only single tile or resolution layer from JPEG2000 image. We do consider that as a possible future step.

Vladimir

0 Kudos