Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

LabelMarkers - any routine to do blob analysis

rogertremblay
Beginner

Is there any routine in IPP to do blob analysis on the labels image generated by LabelMarkers ? I am looking for something to measure the Area of the connected regions for example (Area, Perimeter, ...).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
This routine was intended to create markers for further image segmentation - it simple sets pixels of different connected components to different values -"colors" them. Now IPP does not contain functions for more advanced blob analysis. You could submit a request for such function to premier.intel.com
0 Kudos
Taufiq_Habib
Beginner
Quoting - ISN Admin
This routine was intended to create markers for further image segmentation - it simple sets pixels of different connected components to different values -"colors" them. Now IPP does not contain functions for more advanced blob analysis. You could submit a request for such function to premier.intel.com

Hello,

I also have the need for this functionality. I need a list of 'blobs' with locations, area, etc. Does OpenCV or some other package offer this. And how do I contact premier support with the request ?

Taufiq Habib

0 Kudos