Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Community support and discussions relating to developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646

MPEG2 Encoder Frames per second

ggrosselohmann
Beginner

Hi,

I use the standard example umc_video_enc_con for encoding files to a mpeg2 video.

The created video file can be played with windows media player,

but the frames per second are incorrect.

If I set the Time of the Input Data or the Output Data this has never any effekt to the

playback speed. I also increase the time differenceswith factor ofhundred.

Has anyone an idea how I can set the frames per second?

best regards,

Gerd Grosselohmann

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Leonid_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Gerd,

could you provide command line and par-file used (if any) together with dump of sequence header and extension? Just about 100 first bytes of encoded file from any hex-viewer?

Didn't you check framerate in encoded file with other media players/viewers?

Time in input doesn't affect framerate at all. Framerate is set either from command line with -f number or in par-file. Keep in mind that mpeg2 support only few discrete numbers for framerate: 24, 25, 30, 50, 60, 24/1.001, 30/1.001 and 60/1.001. There are also nominator and denominator for frame rate, but they are rarely supported by players.

Regards,

Leonid

ggrosselohmann
Beginner

Hi Leonid,

thank you for the answer. I did not know that mpeg2 supports only a few numbers of framerate. I solved the problem by using the function "RepeatLastFrame".

best regards,

Gerd