Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

MPEG4 encoding and decoding

nkmotif
Beginner
Hello,

I am working on a project transmitting a video from a source node to a destination node through several routers. I need encode and decode the video in a given rate. How can I use the sample code provided to satisfy my request. I have tried to read the source code, however, I still dont get it very clear, after encoding, where the video goes? and how can I transmit the "encoded stuff" through network to the destination.

my question seems confusing and stupid, still hope someone help me

Motif

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bendeguy
Beginner

Hi Motif!

When you call the encoder's getFrame method you specify two MediaData object. The first is the input buffer and the second is the output. First you have toset the inputMediaData to point to your picture data. After this you have to allocate memory to the output data and set the MediaData to point to the given memory area(Of course you have to do this only the first time). After this you call getFrame and that will fill your output buffer width the encoded frame. You can get the data poiner with the MediaData object's GetDataPointer() function and you can get the data sie with the GetDataSize() function. At this point you can do anything with your data.
The networking question isn't IPP related so I think you can get better answers onnetwork relatedforums. For example you can use RTSP protocol if your goal is real time streaming.

Greetings,

Bendeguy

0 Kudos