Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCar
Beginner

Mac OS 10.4 linking problem with libiomp5.dylib, dynamic libs, V11.0/054

I've followed the instructions in the Mac OS X for compiling and linking, but I still can't get it to link:
Here's the makefile script:
export IPPROOT=/opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/054/Frameworks/ipp
icpc -c mmain.cpp
icpc -c imgproc.cpp
icpc mmain.o imgproc.o -L/opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/054/Frameworks/tbb/lib -L$IPPROOT/Libraries -L/opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/054/lib -lippcore -lipps -lippi -lippcv -ltbb -ltbbmalloc -lguide -o imgproc

Here's what happens when I run it:

$ ./Makefile
mmain.cpp(54): (col. 2) remark: LOOP WAS VECTORIZED.
mmain.cpp(211): (col. 5) remark: LOOP WAS VECTORIZED.
mmain.cpp(132): (col. 5) remark: LOOP WAS VECTORIZED.
ld: warning can't open dynamic library: libiomp5.dylib referenced from: /opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/054/Frameworks/ipp/Libraries/libippcore.dylib (checking for undefined symbols may be affected) (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
ld: Undefined symbols:
_omp_get_num_procs referenced from libippcore-6 expected to be defined in libiomp5.dylib

It compiles and links fine on windows in visual studio. (I'm not using any omp stuff (explicitly) that I know of).

Any ideas on what I'm missing. I ran the vars.sh files for ipp and icc.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

IPP dynamic libraries are using OpenMP run-time (they are threaded with OpenMP API). You probably need to add path to Compiler libraries where libiomp5 should be located

Vladimir
CCar
Beginner

Hello,

IPP dynamic libraries are using OpenMP run-time (they are threaded with OpenMP API). You probably need to add path to Compiler libraries where libiomp5 should be located

Vladimir

It is in the LIBRARY_PATH (and the DYLIBRARY_PATH) and I explicitly have it there on the icpc line link if you look more closely (-L/opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/054/lib). If I do an "ls" on that directory, libiomp5.dylib is sitting right there. So, I really don't understand why it can't "open dynamic library: libiomp5.dylib".

Thanks.
CCar
Beginner

Hello,

Vladimir

I think my problem is related to what Robert Bell's post describes.

otool -L libippcore-6.0.dylib
libippcore-6.0.dylib:
/opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/059/Frameworks/ipp/Libraries/libippcore-6.0.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
libiomp5.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version
88.3.6)
/usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version
1.0.0)

***The libiomp5.dylib should probably be preceeded by a full path, just like the othe dylibs, but it's not!****

I have found a workaround for this, but I don't like it at all. If I'm in my code directory and I do an " ln -s /opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/059/lib/libiomp5.dylib .", then it finishes linking and I'm able to run the code, but this is not proper at all.
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Did you address this issueon Compiler forum? It seems libiomp library is not patched properly in compiler package?

Vladimir