Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Merging JPEG images

jfhebert
Beginner
Hi,
I am using IPP 5.0 with CJPEGEncoder and CJPEGDecoder classes.
Does someone know if it is possible with IPP to merge (or join, or concatenate...) two JPEG images into one larger JPEG image? (without having to uncompress and recompress the data.)
Thanks
JF
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

what do you mean under merging of two images? If you need just concatenate two binary files you can use comand "copy /B fileA.bin + /B fileB.bin fileC.bin". It will combine fileA with fileB and store merged file in fileC.

If you want to merge content of two images you need to decompress images combine them and after that compressthis new image.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
jfhebert
Beginner
Thanks for your answer.
I want to merge the content of two images. I could use two memcpy to do that, but the resulting binary file won't be a JPEG image, and I would need to have a Readerapplication to read and decode the merged image.
I will have to think about something else... (I don't have time to uncompress and recompress...)
Thanks anyway
JF
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

You have to at least decompress to quantized DCT coefficients (means to do huffman decoding). Otherwise - no way to do that.

Vladimir

0 Kudos