Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

NEW to IPP

neerajmishra
Beginner
Hi I am new to IPP. I have to use it for image and video processing functions. When i am writing a sample prog for simple filter functionreading the image in one single dimension buffer, prog gives runtime error. Ehen i am allocting one extra buffer of same size before reading the image, prog runs successfully. But the memory allocation increase to double. Pls give me the solution
0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Have you checked out the IPP samples? These aresome of your best resources for learning how to use the IPP library functions. Go to the main IPP product page:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-ipp/

and follow the "Free Code Samples" link on that page.

Paul
0 Kudos
neerajmishra
Beginner
Quoting - Paul F (Intel)
Hi, Thanks 4 ur reply. I know how to use the functions, but while using the filtering functions image size of 1MB*1MB(height*width) or more function gives debug error in the IPP function. can u pls help me with this.
Thanks
Neeraj

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
I would recommend you to start from looking at IPP Developer's Manual where we described IPP concepts, and usage in filtering operations. I guess you have some of usual newbie problem like did not provide border around image to apply filter or did not correctly use image step parameter. Also there is IPP Sample package where you may find many ready to use and to study IPP based applications, including several in image processing domain.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos