Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Rotating a buffer with ippiRotate_

reportbase
Beginner
I want to flip the following buffer upside down. See example source and destination.

source (src):

01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 09

destination (dst - correct):

07 08 09
04 05 06
01 02 03

The following sample does not rotate the buffer correctly. What am I doing wrong?

unsigned char src [9] = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9};
IppiSize size = {3,3};
IppiRect roi = {0,0,3,3};
unsigned char dst [9];
int step = 3;

IppStatus status = ippiRotate_8u_C1R(src, size, step, roi, dst, step, roi, 90, 0, 0, IPPI_INTER_LINEAR);

destination (dst - wrong):

01 04 07
00 00 00
00 58 C3
0 Kudos
1 Solution
matthieu_darbois
New Contributor III
Hi,

What you want to do is not a rotation. As you said, it's a flip. For this, use the ippiMirror function.

Best Regards,
Matthieu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
matthieu_darbois
New Contributor III
Hi,

What you want to do is not a rotation. As you said, it's a flip. For this, use the ippiMirror function.

Best Regards,
Matthieu

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Hi,

Best Regards,
Matthieu,
For this partically case ( angle == 90) - yes, the Mirror function is the best choise,
but for arbitrary cases - first of all call ippiAddRotateShift(,,,,,) for computing shift values of an images... .
The function helps compute shift values xShift, yShift that should be passed to ippiRotate function for the rotation around (xCenter, yCenter) to take place.
For your cases, it seems to me that shiftY == 2 ...
--Gennady

0 Kudos
oxydius
New Contributor I
Instead of flipping your buffer, you should just process it backwards (in-place) for better performance.

Suppose you have 500x400 with step/pitch of 512, you should call IPP functions with the following :

pSrc = pBuffer + (height - 1) * step = pBuffer + 399 * 512;
srcRoi = { 500, 400 };
srcStep = -step = -512;

IPP will view the last row as the first, and jump by -512 pixels after every row.
0 Kudos