Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Running Applicaiton with IPP in CygWin

thibeault__john
Beginner

I have my test application built and running in MSVS 2015 using IPP and MKL on Windows 7 64bit OS.

I want to build the application using GCC and Eclipse (Oxygen).   I have installed Cygwin (v2.8.91) on my Windows 7 64 bit os.

I am able to build my application (from Eclipse launched from Start Menu) using "Cygwin GNU" tool chain referencing the IPP and MKS libraries from the installation location:

Library path (-L):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2017.4.210\windows\ipp\lib\intel64_win" 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2017.4.210\windows\mkl\lib\intel64_win"

Library list (-l):

ippch

ippcv

ippdc

ippvm

ippcore

ippcc

ippi

ipps

mkl_rt

When I run my executable form the windows folder (outside of the CYGWIN file system) it fails before it gets to the first line of the main.

If I copy my application over to the Cygwin file system and run from Eclipse, it runs fine, but can't find the source files (outside of Cygwin).

I cloned by git repo in the Cygwin File system and tried to build the eclipse project inside of my Cygwin file system.  Eclipse won't run the compiler when I select the "Build" menu option on the Eclipse Application project.  I figure it can't resolve the absolute paths to the IPP and MKL object libraries.

Do I need to "install" or copy the IPP and MKL libraries into the Cygwin file system to link them and run in Cygwin?  If so, what specific files would be needed?

thanks,

John

0 Kudos
1 Reply
thibeault__john
Beginner

Can Intel provide a Cygwin 64 bit library for IPP?

0 Kudos