Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Scale from Ipp32f to Ipp16u

rodym
Beginner
Hello,
I'm using IPP for Image processing, and I notice thatsome functions are not available.
For example, I cound't find a function to scale from Ipp32f toIpp16u, so I guess that there should be another way to do that using others functions. If this is the case, whathappen with the overhead?
Well, thank you.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
you can use these functions
IPPAPI ( IppStatus, ippiConvert_32f16u_C1R,( const Ipp32f* pSrc, int srcStep, Ipp16u* pDst, int dstStep,IppiSize roiSize, IppRoundMode roundMode ))

IPPAPI ( IppStatus, ippiConvert_32f16u_C3R,( const Ipp32f* pSrc, int srcStep, Ipp16u* pDst, int dstStep,IppiSize roiSize, IppRoundMode roundMode ))

IPPAPI ( IppStatus, ippiConvert_32f16u_AC4R,( const Ipp32f* pSrc, int srcStep, Ipp16u* pDst, int dstStep,IppiSize roiSize, IppRoundMode roundMode ))

IPPAPI ( IppStatus, ippiConvert_32f16u_C4R,( const Ipp32f* pSrc, int srcStep, Ipp16u* pDst, int dstStep,IppiSize roiSize, IppRoundMode roundMode ))

Regards,
Vladimir

Message Edited by vdudnik on 08-23-2005 01:02 PM

0 Kudos
rodym
Beginner
Thanks for your answer Vladimir...
It's not only the convertion, because the result must be a 12-bits image. So I need to scale it.
Also, AddWeight function works only with float or 8 bit inputs. What is the reason to discard the 16 bits inputs?
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
the reason is simple - it's all about resources and priorities. If you feel this functionality will be useful - please submit your feature request trough Intel Premier Support channel, we track such requests and use them at next version planning stage
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos