Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Simple_player cannot play on Win7 64bit

TatKin_T_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I have downloaded IPP v 7.0.2.048 (as well as v7.0.3.050) samples and i compiled out the Simple_player for a video playback. i have also downloaded the associated application (w_ipp_7.0.2.154_ia32.exe + w_ipp_7.0.3.175_ia32.exe) and installed. I've compiled the simple_player.exe with visual studio 2008.

when i run the simple_player.exe in a Windows7 PC (64bits installation), i saw below error message:

C:\\Users\\AutoEye\\Desktop>simple_player.exe Taipei101+sunset+WMV+HD+720 -vdx

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is in

correct. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.e

xe tool for more detail.

i wonder if there is any dependencies that i need to install? dependencies such as Win7 SDK or DirectX SDK? or if anyone has seen this problem before? running on WXP machine of the same simple_player.exe does not yield the problem and WXP plays well and i can see the video playback on WXP.

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
Hello,do you have DirectSDK installed on your system?
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Hello,do you have DirectSDK installed on your system?
0 Kudos
TatKin_T_Intel
Employee
hello Gennady,

in the past for simple_player (IPP v 6.1.x) version i do not have to install directX on WXP machine and the simple_player works. hence i'ld assume the latest simple_player in IPPv7.0.x (for Win7) should not have such dependencies. if there is such dependencies there should be a clear note stating which version of DirectX SDK is needed. also, unless this Win7 architecture is so different that will need directX SDK installation before anything (any IPP sample apps?) can work?

if this is the case, my next question would be, how do i turn off the dependencies and compiled in as a single exe that is standalone without other pre-install dependencies? (or if there is such thing without dependencies).

i searched internet and there is Dx SDK June 2010 as the latest version. is this the version i should try out?

thanks.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Hello.
May be I am mistaken but it's not clear how you could build the audio_video_samples without DerectX installed.The code requires that ddraw.h (ddraw.lib ) availble on your system .the Release Note mentions that August 2007 DirectX 9 SDK would be enough.
--Gennady
0 Kudos
TatKin_T_Intel
Employee
hello Gennady,

here is my working model below. i have 2 seperate build station and 1 PC Workstation.

1) laptop (Win7)
============
- Visual Studio 2008
- IPP v 7.0.2.x (withParallel Studio XE2011)with Sample_player sample codes v7.0.2.x

2) PC build machine (WinXP)
- Visual Studio 2008
- IPP v 7.0.2.x (with Parallel Studio XE2011) with Sample_player sample codes v7.0.2.x

3) PC workstation (Win7)

both build station produced a simple_player.exe that is identical.

i have a (3rd)seperate Win7 PC (not the laptop) running on Intel Corei7, with NVidia graphic card and installation is basic. Basic means without any DxSDK on this 3rd PC. When i ran the simple_player.exe as in earlier post, the simple_player does not play.

When i ran this same simple_player.exe on the 2nd machine, which isa WXP build station, the simple_player.exe manage to run the video and the video rendered well.
0 Kudos
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee
Hi,
Can you attach .log file..?

I have verified side-by-side configuration, on win 7, 64 Bit and VS 2010. It works fine.

Regards,
Naveen GV
0 Kudos
TatKin_T_Intel
Employee
hi Naveen,

what kind of log file you would like to see? can you let me know where i can get the log file?

thanks.
0 Kudos
TatKin_T_Intel
Employee
hello all,

today i have some breakthru.

on the 3rd machine i have, i installed a VS2008, and i installed .Net 4, and after installing these 2, the simple_player works and video rendered fine.

can anyone help explain what are the dependencies that i have to install VS2008+.Net4 on a Win7 test machine? without either, the simple_player cannot work on this win7(64bit). or is there a compilation (in simple_player) setting that i can turn off the dependencies?

thanks.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
I think some runtime files are missed on your system with basic installation. Might be VC2008 run time DLLs?

Vladimir
0 Kudos