Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6713 Discussions

Static Linking with Dispatching under Delphi?

ad_ms
Beginner
before i try out and waste my time-- is it possible to link statically with dispatching under delphi? the binary should only contain those functions the programm actually calls. thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

As far as I know you can't use static libraries in Delphi, only DLL. Fortunately, with IPP you can build custom DLL from static libraries. It will include dispatcher and only selected list of IPP functions.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
ad_ms
Beginner

Hi Vladimir,

just to be 100% sure: these custom DLLs have to be built with Visual studio (At least i think its stated this way in some doc). Is there any free C-compiler that does the trick? gcc?

thanks again,
aydin

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Aydin,

that's correct, you need some Win32 compatible C/C++ compiler to build IPP custom DLLs from IPP static libraries on Windows. Within IPP we provide custom DLL sample which assume you have Intel C/C++ or Microsoft C/C++ compiler on Windows and Intel C/C++ or gcc compiler on Linux. As far as I know Microsoft provided express edition ofVC2005 for free which you should be able to use to build that sample as well.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
ad_ms
Beginner

indeed, i thought VC express to be non-commercial only, but the FAQ states that it is free for all uses. that will do the trick! thanks a lot for all your help, vladimir!

sincerely,
aydin

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Well, I'm not sure about license terms for VC express so be careful especially for commercial use.

Vladimir

0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I

Another problem you might encounter with VC2005 Express is the lack of MT static and dynamic library.

0 Kudos
ad_ms
Beginner

igor, can you explain what goes 'wrong'? since i am still evaluating IPP for my small-size company (8 developers), i need to be sure that we can create fully working custom-sized dlls without buying another set of compilers.

thanks,
aydin

0 Kudos