Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

The IPP sample's simple_player can't run

gzntiszj
Beginner

Dear all,

I just installed Intel C++ Studio XE 2011 for Windows and the IPP samples. Mysystem is Windows 7.And I can compile and build the simple_player with vs.net 2008successfully which is in "w_ipp-samples_p_7.0.2.048\\ipp-samples\\audio-video-codecs\\application\\simple_player". But when I run the simple_player.exe, it just prompts an error that is "The program can't start because MSVCR90D.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Dose anyone experienced the same problem? Have you find the solution? Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks

ntiszj

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi ntiszj,

I built the sample at 64 bit Windows 7, and do not see any problem. This looks like an manifest setting at your project. The following post may provide some help:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vcgeneral/thread/8f08777b-1c4d-4e10-89a2-f7bc95cf5e98

Thanks,
Chao

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Canyou try with these options....

1.Build for Release, not Debug.
2. Turn of incremental linking (Project/Properties -Linker- Enable Incremental Linking)

Let me know how it works....

Thanks,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos
gzntiszj
Beginner
Hi, Naveen Gv,

Thanks for you reply first.

I just checked it. I use the release build. And I set the simple_player's "Enable Incremental Linking" as No.
But I don'tchange other projects' property that are in the same sulotion. That is to say, projects including umc, all kinds of codec's property are not changed.

The result is:
Compile and build are still successful, but when run, it prompt "The program can't start because MSVCR90.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Thanks,

ntiszj
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi ntiszj,

I built the sample at 64 bit Windows 7, and do not see any problem. This looks like an manifest setting at your project. The following post may provide some help:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vcgeneral/thread/8f08777b-1c4d-4e10-89a2-f7bc95cf5e98

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
gzntiszj
Beginner
Thanks for Chao Y's tip.
I check the simple_player'sproperty: Linker->Menifest File->Generate Manifest.
My default value is No. I change it to Yes. And it work.
Thank you very much!

ntiszj
0 Kudos