Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

UMC capture question

I want to capture individual frames from a movie file; I don't want to render to the screen.

I'm using the UMC simple player example to try to see how I might do this.

Does anyone know of a simple way of getting a per-frame callback mechanism?

Any help appreciated - Jon.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Quoting - jon_shadforth
I want to capture individual frames from a movie file; I don't want to render to the screen.

I'm using the UMC simple player example to try to see how I might do this.

Does anyone know of a simple way of getting a per-frame callback mechanism?

Any help appreciated - Jon.

Hi Jon,

Do you mean how to get each decoded frame data with simpleplayerr application? You can use a filerender as the following command line:

>simple_player.exe -vfwf output.yuv inputvideo.dat

Thanks,
Chao
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Quoting - Chao Yu (Intel)

Hi Jon,

Do you mean how to get each decoded frame data with simpleplayerr application? You can use a filerender as the following command line:

>simple_player.exe -vfwf output.yuv inputvideo.dat

Thanks,
Chao

Hi Chao - no - I want to write my own movie decoder system that will allow me to grab frames (either real-time or single-stepping) and send them for processing.

All of this will be part of a C# library we have written which wraps parts of IPP.

I'm only using simple player as a reference. I'm also hoping to not have to modify any of the existing sample code files, as I'm expecting there is a normal way of using the data readers and codecs to build such a library.

Thanks, Jon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Jon,

You need to check to simpleplayer code to learn how to use UMC to decode the video.
some simple code also can be found here:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/getting-started-with-intel-ipp-unified-media-classes-sample...

thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos