Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Undefined reference to ippsMalloc

bibi88
Beginner
Hello,

Until now, I've worked with IPP using only the image processing library ("ippi... functions"). Because I work my OS is 64 bits, I've included -lippsem64t, but however, if I want to use ippsMalloc, the compilator throws a "Undefined reference to ippsMalloc". How could I check if this function has well been linked please?

Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
7 Replies
bibi88
Beginner
I have found the mistake: the manual shows on page 557 the function ippsMalloc(size), which doesn't exist. However, it works well with ippsMalloc_8u(size)...
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Again, not sure what version of IPP you are talking about, the online documentation provides you correct example of Using the function ippsMalloc

Vladimir
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Bibi88,

It is right, no function calls ippMalloc, it only has function called ippsMalloc_8u, ippsMalloc_16s, ippsMalloc_8s, etc. You need to choose one according to the data type you need.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
bibi88
Beginner
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello,

In that URL, the example code, itused _8u function (ippsMalloc_8u), 'ippsFree'function do not have the type.

Ipp8u* pBuf = ippsMalloc_8u(8*sizeof(Ipp8u));
if(NULL == pBuf) // not enough memory
ippsFree(pBuf);

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
bibi88
Beginner
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

thanks for pointing it out. This is typo in that example, and need to be fix. It needs either use 'ippsMalloc_8u' function, or 'ippMalloc' ( no 's' here) from IPP core libraries.

Regards,
Chao

0 Kudos