Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

VC 1 encoding and decoding

suchethanswaroop
Beginner
Hi all,

Could some one please tell me where to find the parameter file for encoding VC1 . I couldnt find the parameter file for VC 1 . ( The other parameter files such as h264, avs, h263 etc are found atipp-samples\audio-video-codecs\application\umc_video_enc_con).

I built the VC1_dec c++ file ( present in :audio-video-codecs/codec ). But this didnt result in the formation of exe file. It gave some build errors. Could some one enlighten me about VC 1 decoding ?

Thanks
Suchethan
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi Suchethan,

Attached is an example for VC encoder parameter file.
The project files at /audio-video-codecs/codec will create some .lib file, not executable file. You can build the solution file at audio-video-codecsapplicationsimple_player to get one simple player exe file.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
suchethanswaroop
Beginner
Quoting - Chao Y (Intel)
Hi Chao,

Thank you soo much for the reply :). I successfully encoded the vc1 seq using "umc_video_enc_con.exe" and decoded using " simple_player.exe".

but could u please tell me why H.264 has a separate exe file to decode ( umc_h264_dec_con.exe)and not others ?

Regards,
Suchethan

Hi Suchethan,

Attached is an example for VC encoder parameter file.
The project files at /audio-video-codecs/codec will create some .lib file, not executable file. You can build the solution file at audio-video-codecsapplicationsimple_player to get one simple player exe file.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi Suchethan,

umc_h264_dec_con.exe is an additional application which provide more accurate benchmark result than simpleplayer. Unfortunately, other codecs do not have such application. You need to use simpleplayer as an example.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
suchethanswaroop
Beginner
Quoting - Chao Y (Intel)
So, Can i separate the code from simple player for VC 1 or is it too complicated ( I am new to C++) ?

Regards,
Suchethan

Hi Suchethan,

umc_h264_dec_con.exe is an additional application which provide more accurate benchmark result than simpleplayer. Unfortunately, other codecs do not have such application. You need to use simpleplayer as an example.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos