Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Wavelet transforms

Adriaan_van_Os
New Contributor I

I looked at ippiWTFwd and ippiWTInvInit for wavelet transforms. However, the IPP implementation has a number of disadvantages:

1. ippiWTFwd and ippiWTInvInit are not internally threaded (I assume)

2. the border type can not be specified, they are ROI-type everything-must-be-in memory functions

3. there are 32f_C1R and 32f_C3R variants only.

That made the decision easy to write these functions myself, internally threaded for speed. Result attached for a Haar wavelet applied to an 8-bit one-channel standard test-image.

While writing the Discrete Wavelet Transform (forward and inverse) I missed ippi functions to:

1. up-sample an image (insert zero values at odd-indexed pixels of rows or columns)

2. down-sample an image (keep the even-indexed pixels of rows or columns)

Up- and downsampling are much-used base-functions  when working with pyramid-like structures.

Regards,

Adriaan van Os

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ruqiu_C_Intel

Hello Adriaan van Os,

Thank you very much for studying IPP function so deeply. We always put the user experience first, if there are more users want the missed functions, we will put them in our develop plan.

BRs,

Ruqiu

0 Kudos
Ruqiu_C_Intel

We will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Or you can raise a new feature request through Intel online service center https://supporttickets.intel.com/servicecenter?lang=en-US

Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only. 

0 Kudos