Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

When DoInPlace() method is called?

Kishor_D_
New Contributor I
When DoInPlace() method is called?
I have derive a class from Node_1_1 class. I have overloaded Do() and DoInPlace() methods. Whenever the graph is executed the Do() method is called. If I want to perform the In-place operation, how can I call DoInPlace() mehod?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Igor_B_Intel1
Employee
Hi,
To enable in-place operation execution you have to overload Init methodand initialize the following variable:

inplace[0] = 1; // inplace possible for input port 0
or
inplace[0] = 0; // inplace isn't possible

This tells graph compiler that operation allows in-place execution. After that graph compiler analyze your graph structure schedule in-place execution mode if it possible.

Igor S. Belyakov

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Igor_B_Intel1
Employee
Hi,
To enable in-place operation execution you have to overload Init methodand initialize the following variable:

inplace[0] = 1; // inplace possible for input port 0
or
inplace[0] = 0; // inplace isn't possible

This tells graph compiler that operation allows in-place execution. After that graph compiler analyze your graph structure schedule in-place execution mode if it possible.

Igor S. Belyakov

0 Kudos
Kishor_D_
New Contributor I
Thanks Igor.

Now, I want to derive a node that takes non-image data as input and gives non-image data as output. For this I have derived class from abstract class Node_1_1_Store. But I am struggling to develop functionality of this class. Within overridden "Do" function how can I get addresses of source data and destination data. When I provide image data I am able to get source data address using following statement

Ipp8u *pSrc1 = paramCompile.pSrc[0]+(pParamExecute->offsetSrc[0].y + shift)*src1Step;

Please help me, to getting addresses of source and destination data when I provide non-image data as an input.

Thanks.
0 Kudos