Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Community support and discussions relating to developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

about ippiDenoiseCAST filter

siddy
Beginner
Hi,
I wanted to get more information on the meaning of the various parameters that are passed
to the CAST filter. Is there any reference, that I can look up, of if someone can explaing them to me, that would be great too....
Thanks,
Sid.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
siddy
Beginner
Hi!,
I have been able to play around with the parameters, with varying results. I am specifically interested
in the effect that pHistoryWeight, and StrongEdgeThreshold has on the results. On varying these parameters,
I do not see any perceptivle change. I think I need (and the documentation needs too) a better explanation of these parameters. I really hope someone from the IPP team replies.

Also, what king of image should pSrcEdge point too? Currently I am using the output from the canny edhe detector, but the edges are very fragmented, and I am not too sure I am seeing the real effect of the edge in the denoising process. Some help here would also be a big boost to my development efforts.

Thanks for your attention,
Sid.