Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6719 Discussions

fix of ippsMagnitude_32f in 2021.8 only for this function?

Wobo
Novice

In the release note of 2021.8 is written:
"Fixed Intel® IPP ippsMagnitude_32f function for incorrect processing of small values."

Does this mean, that only this one and only function "ippsMagnitude_32f()" was fixed? Or were other functions of this family fixed too, like e.g. "ippsMagnitude_32fc()", and so on?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

>>Fixed Intel® IPP ippsMagnitude_32f function for incorrect processing of small values.

Yes, as mentioned in the Intel IPP Release Notes the issue was fixed with ippsMagnitude_32f() and other functions should also work fine.

If you observe any incorrect values with any of the IPP functions, please report it here by providing us with the sample reproducer so that we can check it from our end as well.

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

>>Fixed Intel® IPP ippsMagnitude_32f function for incorrect processing of small values.

Yes, as mentioned in the Intel IPP Release Notes the issue was fixed with ippsMagnitude_32f() and other functions should also work fine.

If you observe any incorrect values with any of the IPP functions, please report it here by providing us with the sample reproducer so that we can check it from our end as well.

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha.

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Did you accepted the case by mistake?

Could you please let us know the if you are facing any incorrect results with the ippsMagnitude_32fc() or any other ippsMagnitude_32 functions?

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
Wobo
Novice

Hello,

with my question I just wanted to make sure that not any other function of family ippsMagnitude has been modified/fixed by Intel except ippsMagnitude_32f().

The background is: we use only ippsMagnitude_32fc() (not ippsMagnitude_32f())...and if ippsMagnitude_32fc() was modified/fixed too, in this case we had now better to change to the next IPP-version. If ippsMagnitude_32fc() was not touched somehow by Intel, we can for now leave it as it is.

Your previous answer suggested me, that only the single function ippsMagnitude_32f() was modified/fixed and nothing else, hence I decided to accept this answer.

Regards

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

>>Your previous answer suggested me, that only the single function ippsMagnitude_32f() was modified/fixed and nothing else, hence I decided to accept this answer.

Sorry for any confusion caused. All the functions(ippsMagnitude_32f(),ippsMagnitude_32fc(), etc.) are working.  Could you please let us know if you are getting any incorrect results with the function ippsMagnitude_32fc() so that we could investigate from our end?

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
Wobo
Novice

>>Sorry for any confusion caused. All the functions(ippsMagnitude_32f(),ippsMagnitude_32fc(), etc.) are working. Could you please let us >>know if you are getting any incorrect results with the function ippsMagnitude_32fc() so that we could investigate from our end?

I will let you know if I encounter incorrect results, but so far this is not the case.

Regards

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification.

>>I will let you know if I encounter incorrect results, but so far this is not the case.

Sure, whenever you encounter any issues you can raise a new thread.

Since you did not have any issues right now, we are going ahead and closing this thread. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos