Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

iLBC Link Error

mgarrettcallcopy_com
I'm trying to use the umc speech rtp codec package and have been able to use all the codecs with the exception of ilbc. I am linking against the speech.lib (along with other intel IPP libs) that is built from the umc_speech_rtp_codec solution. Whenever I try to compile, I get the following error:
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _USC_ILBC_Fxns
error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
I'm just curious if I need to do anything special to get this enabled when I compile the speech.csproj? Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hi,

I guess the problem should be that IPP does not support iLBC codec yet.

Regards,
Ying

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hi,

I guess the problem should be that IPP does not support iLBC codec yet.

Regards,
Ying
0 Kudos
mgarrettcallcopy_com
Ah, I thought it did. I saw this in the usc_codec_container.cpp:
#if (defined _USC_ILBC)
VM_STRING("IPP_iLBC"),&USC_ILBC_Fxns, &iLBCPayloadType,
#endif
#if (defined _USC_ILBC) VM_STRING("IPP_iLBC"),&USC_ILBC_Fxns, &iLBCPayloadType,#endif
As well as other code snippets referring to iLBC, even saw where it had the correct block size for both the 20ms and 30ms packetization where it was allocating 38 bytes for 20ms and 50 for 30ms.
0 Kudos
mgarrettcallcopy_com
Just out of curiosity, if it currently isn't implemented, was it at some point in time or was this something that was started but not completed? Just curious why some of the structures and defines are in the code?
0 Kudos
mgarrettcallcopy_com
Bump for a possible answer?
0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hi

I recalled there was an plan to implement it during year 2006-2007. Some difinitions was added. buthaven'treallycompletedit as lack of resource.The definitionsof_USC_ILBC was actuallynot enabled in the sample.

Regards,
Ying
0 Kudos
mgarrettcallcopy_com
Got ya. Thanks for clarifying ;).
0 Kudos