Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

ippsDecodeMsPNS_AAC_32s

bj2
Beginner
I was wondering if Intel/IPP had MPEG-4 AAC samples in the works. If so, when can these samples be expected, and if not, why not? Samples = (mostly-) working code examples.
I was wondering what theAPI in my title above is for (new in 4.12). This and all the MPEG-4 APIs have no example use. We here are humbled by our lack of how-to.
Am I enrolled to get the free book? d:-}
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Did you look our audio samples? There is AAC decoder and encoder sample. We will provide more samples in the next release.
Of course, you will have a chance to win book:)
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
bj2
Beginner
Hi,
Yes, I amaware of the current AAC-decoder sample. However,
1. The above API is not documented (new in 4.12), and
2. The AAC-decoder only uses some of the MPEG-2 AAC APIs, but none (as in, not used or mentioned at all in any of the examples, anywhere, anytime previous) of the MPEG-4 AAC APIs.
FYI, PNS is broken in all previous versions of IPP, and I was hoping this new, but undocumented API (see Message subject) has fixed that (assuming everything else is up to snuff). The end result is that, currently, IPP can't play any AAC frame that's using PNS, and generally if a stream uses PNS, nearly all frames are.
0 Kudos