Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

Build Thread Building Blocks using VS 2010

yeliuxinfu
Beginner

Dear Colleagues,

I am using Microsoft VS2010 to build TBB (stable version of 20120201) on windows 7. I got two errors and I hope you can give me some guidance on these:

1>c:\\inteltbb\\tbb40_20120201oss_src\\tbb40_20120201oss\\src\\tbb\\tbb_version.h(36): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'version_string.tmp': No such file or directory

For this error, I think I need create version_string.tmp to define the macro for platform and os. I defined a macro USE_WINTHREADin the project.

1>c:\\inteltbb\\tbb40_20120201oss_src\\tbb40_20120201oss\\src\\rml\\server\\thread_monitor.h(38): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'tbb/tbb_misc.h': No such file or directory

I could not find this file in the source code. Is it generated by the make or nmake?

If you can share with me how to build it in command line, that will also be very helpful.

Regards,

Richard

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You may be more likely to get a timely or knowledgeable reply on the TBB forum.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
I've responded to your post on theTBB forum. The 1st problem is known since January 2012.
Best regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos
robew
Beginner
Hello

For problems related to thread safety, you can go for dapfor. There is a complete tutorial on thread safety with code, and you can definitely get benefit from this tutorial. Visit here thread safe application .
0 Kudos