Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

Calling gemv BLAS level 2 routine

zokagoa
Beginner
Hi,

I'm interested in using the intel fortran mkl library namely in parallel coding but I have some difficulties to use the BLAS level 2 routine (for instance gemv)

I used the following project properties configuration :

1- Properties > Fortran > General > Additional Include Directories:

"mkl_directory>\\include"

2- Properties > Linker > General > Additional Library Directories

"\\em64t\\lib" (I have only ia32 and em64t folders in the mkl

directory on my computer after the intel fortran installation).

3- Properties > Linker > Input > Additional Dependencies:

mkl_intel_lp64.lib mkl_intel_thread_lp64.lib mkl_core.lib libiomp5md.lib

I also verified that the file 'mkl_intel_lp64.lib' is in the em64t folder in the mkl_directory.

But I have this error message while generating the solution:

Erreur 1: fatal error LNK1181: impossible d'ouvrir le fichier en entre 'mkl_intel_lp64.lib' (translation: impossible to open file 'mkl_intel_lp64.lib')

I think, I may have missed something with my intel fortran configuration in order to use the BLAS level2 routines.

Has someone an idea about how I could handle this ?

Thank you.

Jean-Marie Zokagoa
Ph.D student, Engineering Mechanical
Ecole de Technologie Superieure Montreal
(QC), Canada
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III
This question might be dealt with more quickly on the Windows Fortran or MKL forums. I take it that you are using a version of Visual Studio which is supported by your ifort installer and that you have replaced by the actual installed path. I don't recognize the spelling you give for the thread library, as the choice of 32-bit integers is handled entirely by mkl_intel_lp64.lib.
I thought that the choice of OpenMP library would be handled in the specific Fortran compiler/linker options under VS, but I use the command line link more often, so I could be wrong, and anyway this doesn't appear to bear on your question.
0 Kudos