Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.

plain function names in binaries when using OpenMP

rakkota
Novice
Hi, I found that function names appear as is in the release binaries if a OpenMP loop has been defined inside. Moreover, paths from the build machine and code line numbers are also indicated. For example, using FORTRAN compiler 10.0.025 in an executable I've got: ;D:\cygwin\home\build\dev\tags\emme2\GR\GR-3.3.1\bin\msvc-9.0\release\link-static\threading-multi\modaux522.f;_MODSUBPROBLEMCL1PAR_mp_SUBPROBLEMCL2TO12PAR;1096;1096;; Using FORTRAN Composer 13.0.0.1 in a dll I've got: ;unknown;_STEP523_SE;1060;1111;; Is there a way to avoid this? Why OpenMP need plain names or code line numbers in the executable that are compiled in release mode? Thanks, Rak
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Black Belt

I think this has been discussed previously on one of the Fortran forum sections.  In the 10.0  compiler, one of the evident reasons for this was to enable openmp-profile.

rakkota
Novice

TimP (Intel) wrote:

I think this has been discussed previously on one of the Fortran forum sections.  In the 10.0  compiler, one of the evident reasons for this was to enable openmp-profile.

Thanks for the explanation. Can this be disabled?

Rak