Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products

Intel x15 laptop

JagaurMS
Beginner
So here's the situation, some guy sold me a x15 laptop only to find out it was a engineering sample. I'm not asking intel to replace it with a non sample but Is there a way for me to download some software to make it a regular one?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee
What are you trying to avoid or do that you can't do? If the processor/chipset is PP, it is always going to say so.
...S
JagaurMS
Beginner
There's quite a few things that don't work like the nuc software, the fans are at max always and there's no way to change them in bios, it doesn't boost above 2.5, constant freezing, and lacking performance. But really I just want to turn the fans down, it sounds like a jet.
n_scott_pearson

Hhmmm, sounds like the EC is not operating. This may be why this ES was being dumped.

So, I would suggest that you try to do a BIOS Update. Use the latest BIOS Recovery file and install using the BIOS Recovery method. If that works, you may then have to repeat the install using the F7 method to ensure that the EC gets its firmware updated. Processes are explained here: Intel NUC BIOS Update and Recovery Instructions for Aptio V BIOS Core.

Hope this helps,

...S

JagaurMS
Beginner
It does not appear I have a way to access the bios recovery menu, but thank you for trying and Merry Christmas
n_scott_pearson

Power off. Then power on holding the power button down for a full 3 seconds or until LED flashes/changes color.

...S 

JagaurMS
Beginner
It does not seem to work with the engineering sample I have, I've tried at least two dozen times and can't get anything to happen.
Hugo_Intel

Hello JagaurMS

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® Communities.   

I am glad to see fellow community members have helped you with this issue. We understand you have opened a web ticket support case with us, and we will continue to help you through that channel now. We will therefore close his community case. Please, keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Thanks for your understanding.   

Best regards,

Hugo O.   

Intel Customer Support Technician.