Last week while i was installing new ram and booting up the computer, the system came up with "no boot device not found". So i re downloaded windows 10 from another computer to install again. When it came to picking a hard drive to install it, it was not detecting the internal hard drive. I had made sure that the sata and power cable was plugged in. Restarted the computer to boot up the BIOS. i had a looked on advance settings and found intel rapid storage technology. clicked on that to see that my hard drive was RAID . After that i changed the hard drive from RAID to non-RAID to see if would help. Saved the changed and re booted the computer to install windows 10. When it came to installing windows 10, it found my hard drive.
Re downloaded Intel rapid storage technology to see if i can enable Optane memory but it is greyed out. So what can i do?
Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.
Based on your description, what you need to do is to clean the module's data so that you can enable it again from the application.
Since the module was not disabled properly from the application, but from BIOS, the module still have data from the previous OS which is preventing you to re-enable it after the OS re-installation.
In order to erase the data, please follow these steps:
- Open your command prompt as Administrator.
- Run the command diskpart to enter in Diskpart environment.
- Type list disk and press enter to display a list of the drives connected to your system. You should see the Intel® Optane™ Memory there. If you cannot see it, please take a screenshot and include it in your reply.
- If the module appears in the list, please take note of the disk number. Then run the command select disk . Make sure to use the disk number associated to the module.
- Type clean all and press enter. This command will clean the module erasing all data stored in it. The purpose is to delete all data from the previous setup so that the module can be re-configured again from scratch. Just wait for the process to complete and then try to setup the module again.
Let me know if after doing this you can enable it from the application.
I'll be waiting for your response.
Have a nice day.
Since you haven't posted any updates on this, the thread will be marked as assumed answered.
You can still post any updates at any time. We'll continue the support and helping you in any way we can.
Have a nice day.