Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

How to test Optane M10

BAles2
Novice

Is there a way to test Optane M10? I have a Dell Inspiron 17 7000 that has Optane M10 with a Sata hard drive. Something caused the system to not find a bootable drive, so I reloaded the Windows 10. It will run for a while, but with very poor performance, and eventually will fail to find a bootable drive again.

Diagnostics of the hard drive pass without finding any errors.

Is there a way to test the Optane memory? I suspect that it is bad.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You may test the Optane Memory module with the Intel SSD Toolbox application.
  2. With this application, you in addition to testing the Optene healthiness, you may also update the Optane firmware and completely erase the contents.

Leon

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You may test the Optane Memory module with the Intel SSD Toolbox application.
  2. With this application, you in addition to testing the Optene healthiness, you may also update the Optane firmware and completely erase the contents.

Leon

BAles2
Novice

Great, thanks! I ran the tests and they all came out fine. It said that the second test might take an hour, but it took over 10 hours. Do you know if that is normal or not?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I've never ran the Full Diagnostics, however, did some testings for you. After 3 hours, I've stopped this test (see the stage of this test after 3 hours on the image attached). So, looks to me that 10 hours can be right time.

Leon

diagnosticsSSD.png

0 Kudos
BAles2
Novice

Good to know. Thanks for trying that out for me!

0 Kudos