Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Intel H10 - Intel Optane Memory and storage Management Error

yenaarts
Beginner

Hey there

A while ago I posted a question about my intel optane H10 drive not being detected and I ended up returning the drive. And now I just installed the replacement and it is giving a whole lot of other problems.

So the drive is being detected, but not the Optane part. I included all the logs and relevant screenshots. I am at the end of knowing what to do.

I changed BIOS and disk settings, I asked the manufacturers for compatibility, I have gone through pretty much all relevant intel help pages.

Thank you for helping me.

Yen

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yenaarts
Beginner
Hey Bruce

So a lot has happened since my last post. First I found out that the retailer who sold me the SSD has false/misleading information on their site so I’m currently having a dispute with them. Second, my motherboard does not support PCIe slot bifurcation, which is apparently needed for the Intel H10 module to work.

So, you can close this thread. Or I’ll update you later on the dispute with the retailer if you want.

Kind regards
Yen

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, Yenaarts.

Thank you for posting In the Intel Community Support Forum.

I'm sorry to hear that the problems persist even after replacing the Optane Memory module, I will be helping you with this.

Please provide me with a complete system report using Intel System Support Utility.

1. Download: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

2. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

3. Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

4. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Now, I understand that you have already tried to contact the manufacturer for assistance regarding compatibility, and this is usually necessary since you may or may not have access to certain settings in your system BIOS that could be related to this, for example:

CSM: Disabled.

BIOS mode: UEFI

SATA mode: Intel® RST premium with Intel® Optane™

PCIe remapping: Disabled / Not RST controlled

VMD controller: Enabled

VMD storage port: Enabled

Please keep in mind that you should be able to see both sections of the Optane H10 in the BIOS (32GB Optane and 1TB SSD) and that performing any type of changes in the BIOS configuration after Windows has been installed could result in boot problems or BSOD.

I hope to hear from you soon, I will follow up on August 12th or you can let me know if additional time is required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, Yenaarts.

This post is to follow up on your case to check if you have any questions regarding my previous message.

If additional time is required, please let me know, I will follow up again on August 17th before closing the thread.

Beset regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
yenaarts
Beginner
Hey Bruce

So a lot has happened since my last post. First I found out that the retailer who sold me the SSD has false/misleading information on their site so I’m currently having a dispute with them. Second, my motherboard does not support PCIe slot bifurcation, which is apparently needed for the Intel H10 module to work.

So, you can close this thread. Or I’ll update you later on the dispute with the retailer if you want.

Kind regards
Yen
0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, Yenaarts.

I understand, I'm really sorry to hear that you are currently going through that with the point of sale.

I will close the thread right now, but I hope you get this sorted our as soon as possible with a positive outcome for you.

If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, you can always contact us back by opening a new thread or via any of the other support methods: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos