Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Intel Optane M10 and Intel 760p SSD

Kubinec
Beginner

Hi. Recently i purchased Intel Optane M10. I want to pair it with my Intel 760p SSD. I have installed Intel RST Driver ver. 18.0.1.1138 with Intel Optane Memory Software. Updated Intel 760p Firmware to last version 005c with Intel Mas. But i cant select Intel 760p to pair with Optane M10. I can choose only my 1TB Segate HDD and its working. As i understand M10 should work with Intel 760p but now i don't know what can i do to make it works.

System:

Asus x299 Mark2 (last BIOS)

Intel 7820X

INTEL SSDPEKKW512G8

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Kubinec 

You can't and you don't need to accelerate Intel SSD 760P since this is NVMe high performance SSD. Optane can't accelerate it. Only SATA drive can be accelerated.

Windows 10 operating system includes an In-Box  driver that enables NVMe support (this means it is installed with the OS).

Leon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Kubinec
Beginner

in addition just noticed a very strange driver version for my 760p SSD.

• Поставщик (Provider)Microsoft
  • Версия (Version)10.0.19041.1
  • Дата (Date)21.06.2006

I was Trying to download and update driver from intel website but i have an error when i running setup. I was trying to install driver manually but have an error "There is no compatible driver for this device"

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Kubinec 

You can't and you don't need to accelerate Intel SSD 760P since this is NVMe high performance SSD. Optane can't accelerate it. Only SATA drive can be accelerated.

Windows 10 operating system includes an In-Box  driver that enables NVMe support (this means it is installed with the OS).

Leon