Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Intel optane memory issue

Yoann-F
Novice

When i tried to do a secure erase on the soft Solidigm (also in intel one) i got the error code : (1/1117) and can't use intel optane memory.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yoann-F
Novice

Hi !

I now found the problem and fixed it.

My last issue was CSM support.
So i'm gonna recap all the step to be allowed to activate intel optane memory.

1) Set up bios.
- set RST ON on bios
- disable CSM support
- set your M.2 port to RST controlled (the one where Intel optane memory is setuped)
2) Make ISO of win10
- Format all storage and install win 10 on the storage of your choise
3) Download drivers
- First ! RST drivers (intel driver utility)
- then app to control intel optane memory
- then activate Optane memory

View solution in original post

9 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, Yoann-F.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your case regarding the Optane Memory that cannot be erased, and I will be reviewing this with you.

Please let me know the following:

1. What problem do you have with the Optane Memory that requires you to erase it?

2. Full system report using the Intel SSU:

- Download: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

- Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

- To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

I will follow up on August 2nd in case additional time is required.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Yoann-F
Novice

Hello,

I had a problem with the Optane Memory after a CPU OC, i had to Clear CMOS to reset motherboard. After that my HDD + Optane memory had a bug that duplicate HDD one offline and one online but both where corrupt. I decide to format HDD and Optane memory and reinstall win10, first i've got a problem with sata controller AHCI insted of RST and after fix that optane memory still doesn't work.

I finally reinstal win10, and tried to erase the optane memory but nothing worked.

NB : I alrady tried to reinstal intel driver and app.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @Yoann-F 

1. To wipe Optane Memory, open Windows PowerShell (Admin).
  2. Type diskpart and press Enter. The diskpart prompt will open.
  3. From the diskpart prompt, type list disk and press Enter. A list of disks will appear in a text format. You will return to the diskpart prompt.
  4.  From the diskpart prompt you will need to select a disk disk number (for instance, if the Optane Memory 16GB  drive is Disk 1, you would type select disk 1) and press EnterDiskpart Erase/Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the correct disk. 
  5.  From the diskpart prompt, type clean and press Enter. The Optane Memory is now erased and the old enablement is not active any more.
  6. Close the Windows PowerShell
  7. Now enable Optane acceleration.  I'm assuming that the SATA Mode is set to the correctly. I don't know what it should be for Gigabyte board. Usually it is RST or RST Premium with Optane.

Leon

0 Kudos
Yoann-F
Novice
Hello,

I actualy instal new win10 OS i tried to load intel RST controler (download from CM support) it worked form my SSD but i cant load from HDD, is that a problem ? I want to instal win10 on SSD but intel optane memory on HDD. Should i delete space of intel optane ? Load intel RST controler on intel optane memory ?
Sorry i'm novice.
0 Kudos
Yoann-F
Novice
Mean i loaded RST controlller on SSD but not on HDD should i load on both ?
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I guess, that your Windows is installed on the Samsung SSD 980 1TB drive. You want to accelerate your 2TB HDD.  In Intel computers it can be done. But I'm affrayed that on your board it can't work. I believe so, after reading para. A.4 on page 19 in the Gigabyte Manual for Installing Optane.  I recommend that you should ask this question in Gigabyte support. 

Any way the SATA mode should be set to "Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration mode" and you should download and install the Intel Optane Application from the Gigabyte site, rather then Rapid Storage Technology Driver.

Again, follow the Gigabyte Manual and/or ask Gigabyte support for help.

Leon

0 Kudos
Yoann-F
Novice
I'm gonna try this ! Thank you for help.

Best regards.
0 Kudos
Yoann-F
Novice

Hi !

I now found the problem and fixed it.

My last issue was CSM support.
So i'm gonna recap all the step to be allowed to activate intel optane memory.

1) Set up bios.
- set RST ON on bios
- disable CSM support
- set your M.2 port to RST controlled (the one where Intel optane memory is setuped)
2) Make ISO of win10
- Format all storage and install win 10 on the storage of your choise
3) Download drivers
- First ! RST drivers (intel driver utility)
- then app to control intel optane memory
- then activate Optane memory

BrusC_Intel

Hello, Yoann-F.

Thank you for sharing the solution to your issue with the community.

I'm glad to hear that you managed to make it work.

The thread will be closed right now and no longer monitored by Intel support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, just open a new thread, or contact us via any of the available support methods.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos