Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Is my optane compatible with a laptop

FRahm2
Beginner

I would like to know if the optane memory I have compatible with a laptop.

I am unable to see my optane memory in my bios and in windows after a couple a few hours of installing. It was working fine till then. The optanememory.exe even detected the memory.

However I was told that only m10 optane are compatible with laptops. Is this true?

laptop details: Lenovo yoga 520ikb

i3 8th gen

m.2 3x4 pcie slot

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi FRahm2,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I cannot confirm if your laptop model is compatible with the module. Only the laptop manufacturer, Lenovo* in this case, can confirm if your laptop is compatible or not.

You’re correct when saying that only the M10 models are compatible with laptops (once the laptop manufacturer confirm the compatibility). I search for the product code of your module and it’s a regular model (not M10), so it may be possible that the reason of failure is this, although you also have to confirm with your laptop manufacturer if your laptop model is indeed compatible with the module.

The main difference between the regular model and the M10 model is the power consumption. That’s why the regular models cannot be used in mobile devices like laptops, but the M10 model on the other hand has been designed specifically for this purpose so they improve the power management support allowing them to be included in laptops and Desktops too.

I hope this clarifies the concern.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DiegoV_Intel

Hi FRahm2,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I cannot confirm if your laptop model is compatible with the module. Only the laptop manufacturer, Lenovo* in this case, can confirm if your laptop is compatible or not.

You’re correct when saying that only the M10 models are compatible with laptops (once the laptop manufacturer confirm the compatibility). I search for the product code of your module and it’s a regular model (not M10), so it may be possible that the reason of failure is this, although you also have to confirm with your laptop manufacturer if your laptop model is indeed compatible with the module.

The main difference between the regular model and the M10 model is the power consumption. That’s why the regular models cannot be used in mobile devices like laptops, but the M10 model on the other hand has been designed specifically for this purpose so they improve the power management support allowing them to be included in laptops and Desktops too.

I hope this clarifies the concern.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos