Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Loading equipment into incompatible computers

GDI
Beginner

I am using Machine Translation, please forgive me.

I used to use Optane in I5 8400 B360, and now I have replaced a motherboard that is incompatible with Optane devices, but I forgot to turn Optane off before replacing it. Now my hard disk has a malfunction like this

Yes, I got two identical hard disks, but neither of them could open properly (except E: Windows scanned and fixed it when I restarted the computer) I tried to reinstall the computer's operating system again, but it was useless, so could I get the data from the other disk symbols?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello MinecraftGDI,

Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support.

As we understand, you need assistance related to Intel® Optane™ Memory Technology after you moved your HDD to another system without turning your Optane off. If we infer correctly, please find some information and recommendations below:

• Based on the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024018/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Optane™ Memory

Can I disconnect my SATA drive after it's enabled with Intel® Optane™ memory and move it to another computer?

No, you have to disable Intel® Optane™ memory before you can move it to another computer. You can disable it via the Intel® Optane™ memory or Intel RST applications. Refer to the Intel Optane Memory User and Installation Guide or video for more information.

• This being said our recommendation is to connect your HDD and the Intel® Optane™ Memory that you used to accelerate this drive back to the original hardware (if available) or to a compatible hardware and follow the guide shared above. If you are not able to do this process the only way to make your HDD useful again will be to do a format process deleting all the partitions and information in the hard drive and after this process is done to move the data back to your drive from your back up( in case that you have one).

We hope you find this information useful.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MinecraftGDI.

Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support.

We have not heard from you since our last communication and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case?

Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support.
0 Kudos
GDI
Beginner

Hello, I successfully restored my hard disk, I did not encounter the above mentioned need to format it to restore the problem, I just disabled disk 2 (in the picture above), so that disk 1 online, it returned to normal, but if I restart it will become the same. But then I stumbled across that disk 2 was actually Optane Memory itself, and I formatted disk 2, which changed back to Optane Memory in disk manager, and my problem was solved. This is very pleasant, isn't it? I hope my experience can help people.

0 Kudos