Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Optane Instructions unclear

garyi
Beginner

Hello. I recently got an MSI board that is 'optane ready'

I updated bios to latest. The optane is recognised in windows.

I got a stick of optane: INTEL MEMPEK1W016GA

And I want to raid it with a Western Digital PCI SSD: WDS100T3X0C

As seems to be the case with most things intel the instructions are all over the place but the internet seems to agree to download the latest RST drivers launch it and away you go. This does not work for me it says 'No supported controller found'

Other instructions says I have to set my bios to raid, still other instructions say no the RST software does that, and still other instructions say no, intel no longer supports that.

So I would really like to understand, how do I get this up and running in November 2021.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

The Intel Optane Memory M Series you have, is intended to accelerate (improve performance) of SATA HDD or SSD. Since you have a High Performance NVMe SSD (rather than SATA SSD), you can't improve it performance. In other words you can't and you don't need to use the Optane Memory in this configuration. So, if you stay with this one SSD, set the SATA mode to AHCI.

Leon

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User

The Intel Optane Memory M Series you have, is intended to accelerate (improve performance) of SATA HDD or SSD. Since you have a High Performance NVMe SSD (rather than SATA SSD), you can't improve it performance. In other words you can't and you don't need to use the Optane Memory in this configuration. So, if you stay with this one SSD, set the SATA mode to AHCI.

Leon