Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Problem with Linux and Optane

eliancnul
Beginner

I have a problem with a Acer aspire 3 a315-56-52R4. Mi problem is that i cant uninstall Windows and put Linux on it. Is not a problem with my configuration and I disabled optane in my BIOS, but I can't resolve the problem. I think that there is Optane metadata but i don't now how to clean it. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, eliancnul.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forums.

I received your case regarding the OS installation problems, and I will be reviewing this with you.

Having previously used Optane in your system should not cause any type of problems if what you are trying to do is install a new operating system, so please let me know the following:

• Exactly what problem do you have preventing you from "uninstalling" Windows?
  • Have you verified with the system manufacturer (Acer) if this is compatible with the OS you want to use?
  • Have you tried to review the available documentation/forums of the Linux distribution you are trying to install for similar problems?

If there are any other details you can provide on how this is related to Optane to get a better understanding of the issue, please let us know, and I will follow up on March 24th just in case.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, eliancnul.

I wanted to follow up on your thread in case you had any questions regarding my previous post.

I will keep the thread open and will follow up on March 29th before closing it, but please let me know if additional time is required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, eliancnul.

Good day,

This post is to inform you about the thread closure.

I previously shared that Optane should not give you any type of problems, especially if it has already been disabled, and I tried to gather additional information to provide a recommendation, mentioning also that it would be better to check the resources or documentation of the Linux distribution you are trying to install, but there was no response after trying to follow up.

The thread will be closed right now and no longer monitored by Intel support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, you can always contact us back by opening a new thread or using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos