Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

THINKBOOK 15 G2 ITL - Ram configuration

GasperR
Beginner

So I have 8gb integrated ram, and in the documentation, i noticed the laptop supports dual channel ram. 

Would it be a better option to add 1x8gb ram for better compatibility with the integrated ram, or can i get the 16gb one, because i dont know how the dual channel ram would work with 8GB integrated ram and 16gb ram stick, since they are not the same size. 

I also noticed that when dual channel ram is present, the Intel Iris Xe graphics is used. Would it still be used if i added a 16gb ram stick, or should i add the 8gb ram stick.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Lenovo provides support for your thinkbook.   Ask your question there.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi GasperR,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

Regarding you enquiry about the RAM compatibility for your THINKPAD 15 G2 ITL, you can contact Lenovo support team. They will assist you regarding the compatible RAM for your system.

If you have any other enquiries, please let me know.

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi GasperR,

Good day.

This is related to your enquiries above, I would like to check if the issue has resolved?

If you have any questions or clarifications, please let me know.

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi GasperR,

Good day,

I would like to follow up if you have any questions or clarifications regarding this case.

Feel free to contact us should you need any further assistance related to Intel products, and we will be more than glad to continue assisting you.

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi GasperR,

Good day

This is regarding your enquiries above. Since we have not seen an update, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos