I have been dealing with an unsupported bios on the Optane software. I read through the forums and cannot find the solution.
MOBO: Asus z270ar - I have updated the bios to the most recent update. In the bios i am able to set my sata device to intel RAPID.
BIOS mode is set to UEFI mode.
Motherboard is able to detect M2.1 slot. Meaning it does detect the hardware.
i am able to find the optane in diskpart. My boot drive / drive is already GPT.
I cannot find a solution. I tried many different things suggested in this forum.
What else would I need to check?
I have attached my optane memory log
We understand you are having the error "Unsupported BIOS" when trying to enable Intel® Optane™ Memory, we would like you to please provide the following to better assist you:
-Screenshot of your disk management.
-Your computer's specs, please use https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- this utility and attach the file here.
-Please provide the other logs from C:\Users\Yourusername\Intel\Logs
We will be waiting for your response.
So far we have not been able to identify the source of your unsupported BIOS error.
Please check the following:
1. Boot to your UEFI BIOS.
2. Switch to Advanced Mode (F7).
3. Go to the BOOT tab and open the CSM (Compatibility Support Module).
4. Make sure this is set to [Disabled] and not to Auto.
5. Press F10 if any changes where made to save and reboot.
Additionally, we noticed there is a recovery partition at the end of your boot drive. This type of partition cannot be modified by regular means, which will result in an "Unsupported System Drive, Last Partition" error. To avoid this, please delete this partition (there is another recovery partition at the beginning of your drive, so there should be no issues):
1. Open Command Prompt with Administrator priviledges.
1. Type "cmd" into the search bar of your start menu taskbar.
2. When the search returns "Command Prompt," right click and choose to run as administrator.
3. If you receive a prompt from User Account Control, select yes.
2. Type: diskpart
3. Find the index number of your boot drive: list diskpart
4. Select your boot drive: select disk 1 (change this number to the one displayed next to your HDD).
5. Find the index of your recovery partition, it will be the last partition on this list: list partition
6. Choose this as the working partition: select partition 4
7. Delete this partition via the admin override command: delete partition override
After this, please run the Intel® Optane™ Memory software or set up. If you encounter any error message, please take and share a screenshot.