Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

When I uninstalled Intel Pinning Shell Extensions I did not uninstall the driver software. How can I do that now after the fact, or is it too late? Maybe re-install the Intel® Pinning Shell Extensions and then uninstall it again, this time remembering?

TLeig2
Beginner

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You may uninstall Optane Driver after you have uninstalled the Intel Pinning Shell Extension (no need to reinstall it).
  2. Important, before uninstalling the Intel Optane Driver, run the Optane Application and Disable Optane Acceleration. Uninstalling the driver, without disabling the Optane first, will result in unbootable system.
  3. After disabling Optane acceleration, open Apps & Features (in Windows setting), click on Optane Driver line and select Uninstall. Follow the instructions.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You may uninstall Optane Driver after you have uninstalled the Intel Pinning Shell Extension (no need to reinstall it).
  2. Important, before uninstalling the Intel Optane Driver, run the Optane Application and Disable Optane Acceleration. Uninstalling the driver, without disabling the Optane first, will result in unbootable system.
  3. After disabling Optane acceleration, open Apps & Features (in Windows setting), click on Optane Driver line and select Uninstall. Follow the instructions.

Leon

0 Kudos