Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1346 Discussions

Z790 Optane Support Please!

JTims1
Novice

could you PLEASE Bring back Optane support, i use it in all my systems, i keep all my games on a wd red pro 22tb drive and would use Optane to make it fast. i got 64 gig MEMPEK1J064GA01  and allways used this kind of setup, but when i got my new computer put together, it is gone! you really did not promote enough to gamers on doing this for your games. You could of worked with microsoft or sony and set it up in there consoles also, as a cheeper alternative, nvme sizes are not moving fast enough, and the price is the amount of a console. Bring Optane Back! You made a huge mistake in quitting it, now everyone wants all the Optane drives. fire that foundry back up! and give us support back on Z790.

5 Replies
B_Y
Employee

Hello @JTims1,

Thank you for posting in Intel Optane™ Memory Communities.

We are sorry to hear that the Z790 unable to support the desire Optane. Regarding the pricing range, I completely concur with you and we take note on your request.

With the Z790, Intel has decided that it will not support the Optane Memory of the brand. They still offer the same kind of support, but the Z790 does not let the system use the Optane memory, cite from https://www.electronicshub.org/z790-vs-z690/#:~:text=With%20the%20Z790%2C%20Intel%20has,system%20use%20the%20Optane%20memory.

You may consider getting another bigger SSD for direct use rather than cache the HD.

However, kindly note that the product code, MEMPEK1J064GA01 Intel® Optane™ Memory M10 Series (64GB, M.2 80mm PCIe 3.0, 20nm, 3D XPoint™) has been discontinued. (for your reference: https://qdms.intel.com/dm/i.aspx/04608046-23F1-4B71-BED0-336058CA35B6/PCN118018-00.pdf)

Thank you.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hello @JTims1,

Please be informed that we will now close this request. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice

your going to close my question? that has important info? your not leaving this up?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

LOL! No, nothing is lost. ICS is closing their internal case, not the (public) discussion. But, because the case is closed, they are not monitoring the discussion any longer. This means that, if there is a continued problem or reappearance of the problem, you need to open a completely new discussion (i.e. ask a new question). You can always reference this discussion in that new discussion.
...S

0 Kudos
JTims1
Novice

oh ok, i made another post else where with a bunch of stuff. probably end the same way. thanks!

0 Kudos