Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1346 Discussions

remove protected folder C:\Users\......\AppData\Local\Temp\SetupRST_RecoveryImage

kp_
Beginner

hi, after installed and removing driver for optane memory 64gb m.2 and IRST  i cannot delete this protected FOLDER ive tried adding user access.

C:\Users\......\AppData\Local\Temp\SetupRST_RecoveryImage

any1 help AND i dont use linux  cheers

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, kp_.

Thank you for posting on the Intel community Support forums.

I received your thread regarding this file, and I will be reviewing this with you.

Right now this looks more related to Microsoft and not Intel RST or Intel Optane, since it is possible the file is there because it is still required by the OS, and it may go away after a restart or if you perform a disk cleanup of temporary files, you may try this or contacting Microsoft for further assistance:

- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/disk-cleanup-in-windows-8a96ff42-5751-39ad-23d6-434b4d5b9a68

I will follow up on August 17th just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, kp_.

I wanted to follow up on this thread to confirm if I can help you with anything else.

I will follow up again on August 21st before closing the thread if there is no response.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, kp_.

This message is to inform you about the closure of this support thread.

I previously shared that the issue described does not seem related to RST nor Optane, and recommended checking with Microsoft for the correct steps to properly delete this folder, but there was no response from your part after trying to follow up.

The thread will be closed right now, and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, just open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos